The Portland Girl is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to come on board with our team. If you’re reading this post, hopefully you’ve been to see us, follow us on Instagram or LOVE natural beauty! If not, we encourage you to bop around our site and get acquainted with our brand before applying.
- Manage the flow of clients that come in and out of studio for beauty services.
- Smile, smile, smile and make clients feel welcome!
- Learn and become confident in each brand and product that we stock and sell so that you can educate all clients and customers on their purchases.
- Clean up treatment rooms in between clients (switch out bedding, re-fill steamer, clean bowls, sanitize items, wash laundry and generally keep our studio clean).
- Handle cash and credit transaction and inventory tracking and monitoring to ensure we have what we need in stock and that we order what we are low on in a timely manner.
- Enter client data into our system.
- Enter timecard hours for the team and handle special projects as they arise.
- Match clients will appropriate mineral foundation and blush (we will train you in skin types and color theory).
- Re-stock inventory, when purchases are made.
- More duties as assigned and as you grow into your role.
- Genuine interest in natural products, organic skincare and social responsibility.
- Ability to do basic math (adding, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- You love pleasing customers and you see each interaction with every customer as a chance to make their day brighter.
- Devotion to detail- we strive for perfection and you have an eye to help us get there.
- Ability to work one weekend day and ability to work at least 20 hours a week.
- Experience working in the beauty industry.
- Experience with sales.
- High level of comfort interacting with clients on the phone and in person.
- High energy level…borderline bubbly! We are known for greeting ALL our clients with a smile and if this doesn’t come naturally to you, this isn’t the right job for you.
- Experience using booking software such as Genbook , Schedulicity, Mindbody, etc.
Pay and Perks:
- $12.00-13.50 an hour starting + tips and progressive growth plan and bonus structure
- Free facial each month
- 50% off sugaring
- Discounts on products
- Health benefits at 32+ hours per week
- Paid sick/vacation (accrual begins after 90 days of employment)
- All major holidays our studio is closed
- Fun work environment with cool clients and fellow co-workers!
How to Apply:
- Email email@example.com with your resume attached and “Guest Services Associate” in the title.
- Email your responses to the following questions in the body of the email:
- Why do you want to work at The Portland Girl
- Why do you think that you would be PERFECT for this position
- Your favorite part of living in Portland
- What you love to do in your free time
- Don’t stop into the studio to drop off an application. Only Resume’s and Answers emailed to the studio will be considered.
Thank you for taking the time to apply!