Hey there! Are you currently in esthetics school or an esthetics graduate and you’re interested in learning the cool + effective ancient art of sugaring?
You’ve come to the right place. My name is Anna Long-Stokes and I’ve been training people in sugaring for the past 4 years. I had the pleasure of spending 12 months mentoring and training under Stephanie King of ‘London Sugaring Company’ (top international sugar trainer!) In this time I learned the in’s and out’s of this beautiful and ancient form of hair removal.
Why train with The Portland Girl?
The Portland Girl is one of Portland’s largest sugaring studios and Anna, the owner and trainer, has been teaching this ancient art-form for over 4 years to outside sugar trainee’s and to her staff. She has learned to quickly pinpoint the quirks (that we all have) that hold us back from being the best sugarer we can be. She is able to break down this difficult art form into easy-to-follow steps that will have you rocking out with your clients in no time! She is good at seeing the little technique tweaks that will shift your sugaring from “ok” to “good” much FASTER!
Why learn sugaring?
Sugaring is IN DEMAND! Once clients get sugared, the majority of them never go back to waxing. I mean why would they when sugaring:
- Is only heated to the body’s temperature (so there is NO chance of burning or lifting the skin)
- Is all natural (Lemon, Sugar and Water baby!)
- Is easy to remove because it is comprised of water and not resin, it is easy to clean off clients, sheets and stuff!
- Causes WAY fewer ingrown hairs than waxing (because we remove IN THE DIRECTION of hair-growth, not against it)
- Is cost effective and better for the environment (because we don’t use a ton of strips, sticks and materials)
I took Anna’s advanced sugaring class and it was EXACTLY what I needed. She single handedly helped me refine my technique and get past any remaining hesitations I had. I had been intimidated by doing brazilians and those more tricky services and she helped me to take it step by step, breaking it down as she went so that my fears dissolved. She helped me see that sugaring is truly an art form, but beyond that, there is method behind it that IS possible to master.
I came in feeling slightly frustrated with the sugar having a mind of its own and feeling timid about how to get through certain services and left filled with excitement and confidence that I had the tools needed to take my skill to the next level. She kept the class size small, so not only did I visually get to see sugaring done well, I got enough hands on experience in class to build the muscle memory for myself! Anna has an incredibly positive, down to earth personality and a no-nonsense teaching style. She hosted the training in her beautiful, well-equipped studio in North Portland.
The environment was relaxed, nurturing, and inspiring. I simply could not recommend her advanced class more for anyone looking to get fully comfortable with sugaring and feel confident that they could take most any client that came through their door.J.E.
Getting Certified in Sugaring with Anna
Due to Anna’s limited time and space, she is currently only taking on trainee’s for ONE-DAY VIP certification trainings. In these action-packed days, you will learn the following:
- Sugar Theory: Where it originated, why it works and how to learn to talk about it with your clients.
- Paste types, hand positions and pre/post sugaring clean-up
- Full Leg Sugaring
- Underarm Sugaring
- Brow and Lip Sugaring (once you know these, doing the full face is easy!)
- Bikini and Brazilian Sugaring
You will leave our class feeling confident in your new-found sugaring skills and you’ll be able to order your own sugar directly from Tamara’s Professional Body Sugaring.
Price: Private 1 Day BASIC + ADVANCED Training rate $1050 (learn it ALL in one sugar-packed day- this is officially my most popular training!)
I work with individuals who are very serious about not only learning this amazing art form, but also mastering it.
Everyone who trains with me has full access to:
- A full day of private training where you get my full attention. Most students not only use this time to learn sugaring, but to pick my brain about how to build their following or business too!
- a 1 hour followup VIP session where you come out to my studio, bring a model and get my undivided attention to work on any particular technique that you’re struggling with.
- Access to our useful private Facebook group that is designed as a support center for your questions and concerns on your path to mastering sugaring.
- Resource Guides: Custom resource guides created specifically for my students to help them find the best deals for all things “sugaring!”
- FREE access to my Idea to Empire online business building course ($349 value)
Is a Kit Included?
No, kits are not included.
When you sign up for training, you will be required to buy a sugaring kit from Tamara’s Professional Body Sugaring and you will be given access to a fabulous online theory course beforehand that will help you get prepared prior to your training!
- KIT PRICES: Kit prices range from $99-$799 depending on how large of a kit you want. Learn more including all details on pricing here.
- REGISTERING PRE-KIT: Note that you will have to register with Tamara’s (on her website) before ordering your kit. Learn more about that here.
- SHIPPING: Unless we have arranged something specific, your new kit will be mailed to my shop and we will hand over to you on the day of your training along with your certificate. If you are traveling from out of town, we can have it shipped directly to you (although the training manual and certificate will still come to be directly.)
Will I have to purchase my sugar through you?
I am a certified sugaring trainer for Tamara’s Professional Body Sugaring. So when you go through certification, you will be able to purchase sugar through this company. If there is another company you would rather work with, I recommend that you reach out to them to ask them what their requirements are, however I only train under Tamara’s Professional Body Sugaring.
Next Class Dates
Trainings typically happen on Monday’s in Portland Oregon. If you would like another day or you have a different space you would like to use, we can discuss more.
February 2019: SOLD OUT
March 18th, 2019: 1 spot open
April 15th, 2019: Pending (first come first serve, email to secure)
May 13th, 2019:1 spot open
June 10th, 2019: 1 spot open
July 8th, 2019: 1 spot open
August 5th, 2019: 1 spot open
September 16th, 2019: 1 spot open
Want to sign up?
Please email me directly at email@example.com and I can answer your questions and walk you through the next steps.
Would you like to be notified of my next sugaring classes or training dates?
Sign-up for my mailing list here to be notified of all upcoming training dates!
Anna Long is a sugaring gem that I recently discovered. Wish that I had found her much sooner! I booked a 1/2 day advanced sugaring class with her and had an excellent experience. She was relaxed & fun (which in turn relaxed me) and helped me up my skills to the next level with a few insider hacks & tweaks. She also happens to be a super smart, savvy business woman who offers small biz consultations which I definitely plan on doing…Thanks Anna!Dawn Zacharas
The private sugar training with Anna was amazing & worth every penny! Anna was so easy going which made me so relaxed & comfortable. Unlike other classes I’ve taken, I was able to get so much practice in & felt confident by the end of the day!
Thanks again for the amazing class! I truly appreciate you giving me the knowledge and skills to start my sugaring career. It was worth every penny to fly out and do the class with you! You are an inspiration!