Why Learn to Sugar?
If you’re like most estheticians, you’re a busy gal (or guy) and you want to know that any investment in your education is going to be worth the time and money. These are the top 3 reasons why estheticians are moving over from traditional waxing into all-natural sugaring:
1. SUGARING IS SAFE + NATURAL
If you’re an esthetician, you know that reputation is EVERYTHING. Sugaring will set your mind at ease when you know that it’s the safest form of hair removal for your clients (say ‘buh-bye’ to bad reviews!) Sugar is:
- Only heated to the body’s temperature (so there is NO chance of burning or lifting the skin)
- All-natural (Lemon, Sugar and Water baby!)
- It is easy to remove because it is comprised of water and not resin, it is easy to clean off clients, sheets and stuff!
- Causes WAY fewer ingrown hairs than waxing (because we remove IN THE DIRECTION of hair-growth, not against it)
2. SUGARING IS IN DEMAND
Tired of competing with ALL the waxers in your city? Set yourself apart by learning the hottest new (yet OLD) hair removal technique on the block. It’s much easier to build up a sugaring business because”
- Once clients get sugared, they rarely go back to waxing…
- Regular sugaring leads to less re-growth (say ‘hello’ to REGULAR and consistent income).
- Sugaring is ancient, but it’s only juuuust gaining traction. Be one of the FIRST in your area to master this popular form of hair removal…
3. SUGARING IS BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Estheticians are always pleasantly surprised to find that they use fewer resources with sugaring and that it is biodegradable (breaks down with water). Here are a few things that make us feel warm and fuzzy:
- Sugaring does not use strips and only rarely uses sticks!
- Sugar paste is biodegradable and breaks down with water.
- Sugarers can use the same ball of sugar paste can be used on multiple areas for the same client (less waste and more $$ in your wallet!)
If you’re a busy Esthetician or simply very eager to learn at a time and date that is more convenient to your schedule, then our One to One VIP trainings will be PERFECT for you!
My name is Anna Long-Stokes and I’m a busy esthetician (just like you!) That’s why I specialize in one day basic + advanced training. These ONE-on-ONE trainings are a remarkable way to go from total beginner to competent sugarer in 1 day!
In this action-packed day, you will learn the following:
- Sugar Theory: Where it originated, why it works and how to learn to talk about it with your clients.
- Paste types, hand positions and pre/post sugaring clean-up
- Full Leg Sugaring
- Underarm Sugaring
- Brow and Lip Sugaring (once you know these, doing the full face is easy!)
- Bikini and Brazilian Sugaring
You will leave our class feeling confident in your new-found sugaring skills and you’ll be able to order your own sugar directly from Tamara’s Professional Body Sugaring.
Price: Private 1 Day BASIC + ADVANCED Training rate $1050 (learn it ALL in one sugar-packed day- this is officially my most popular training!)
I work with individuals who are very serious about not only learning this amazing art form but also mastering it.
Everyone who trains with me has full access to:
- A full day of private training where you get my full attention. Most students not only use this time to learn sugaring, but to pick my brain about how to build their following or business too!
- Models are provided for my VIP trainings. Just show up ready to learn!
- A 1-hour followup VIP session where you come out to my studio, bring a model and get my undivided attention to work on any particular technique that you’re struggling with.
- Access to our useful private Facebook group that is designed as a support center for your questions and concerns on your path to mastering sugaring.
- Resource Guides: Custom resource guides created specifically for my students to help them find the best deals for all things “sugaring!”
Are Supplies and Kits Included?
All supplies that you will need for the actual TRAINING DAY are included.
However, when you sign up for training, you will be required to buy a sugaring kit from Tamara’s Professional Body Sugaring and you will be given access to a fabulous online theory course beforehand that will help you get prepared prior to your training!
- KIT PRICES: Kit prices range from $99-$799 depending on how large of a kit you want. Learn more including all details on pricing here.
- REGISTERING PRE-KIT: Note that you will have to register with Tamara’s (on her website) before ordering your kit. Learn more about that here.
- SHIPPING: Unless we have arranged something specific, your new kit will be mailed to my shop and we will hand it over to you on the day of your training along with your certificate. If you are traveling from out of town, we can have it shipped directly to you (although the training manual and certificate will still come from me directly.)
“The private sugar training with Anna was amazing & worth every penny! Anna was so easy going which made me so relaxed & comfortable. Unlike other classes I’ve taken, I was able to get so much practice in & felt confident by the end of the day!”
— ALONA ZAGUMENNAYA
Will I have to purchase my sugar through you?
I am a certified sugaring trainer for Tamara’s Professional Body Sugaring. When you go through certification, you will be able to purchase sugar through this company directly. If there is another company you would rather work with, I recommend that you reach out to them to ask them what their requirements are, however, I only train under Tamara’s Professional Body Sugaring.
Next Private Training Dates
Trainings typically happen on Tuesdays in Portland, Oregon however the specific date of the training will be secured once you decide that you’re ready to sign up.
February 2020: 1 spot open
March 2020: 1 spot open
April 2020: 1 spot open
May 2020: 1 spot open
“Anna Long is a sugaring gem that I recently discovered. Wish that I had found her much sooner! I booked a 1/2 day advanced sugaring class with her and had an excellent experience. She was relaxed & fun (which in turn relaxed me) and helped me up my skills to the next level with a few insider hacks & tweaks. She also happens to be a super smart, savvy business woman who offers small biz consultations which I definitely plan on doing.
— DAWN ZACHARAS D SKINCARE + SUGARING
Ready to sign up?
If you’re ready to sign up, please email me directly at anna[at]theportlandgirl.com and let me know which month you would like to sign up.
- I’ll be in touch within 72 hours to confirm the date and time of training.
- A 50% off deposit will be required to secure your date. At that point, I will begin recruiting models for your training.
- The final payment will be due within a week of your actual training date. All payments are made via Venmo or Paypal.
- If you cancel with less than a week’s notice, I will refund half of your deposit, the remainder will be kept to compensate for holding the date for you and the administrative work involved in securing space and models for the training.