FIRST VISIT TO OUR STUDIO?
YAY! CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
Is your skin care studio kid friendly?
Unfortunately, our skin care studio is not kid or puppy dog friendly. We hope you’ll take the opportunity for a quiet, relaxing experience to take care of yourself and your skin. Please turn off your phone and just chill out 🙂
How long does my hair have to be for sugaring?
While sugar can remove hair as short as 1/16th of an inch, 1/8th of an inch is best.
I’m on my period, can I get sugared?
While you can totally get sugared on your period, your skin will likely be more sensitive a few days leading up to your period and while on your period.
Is sugaring during pregnancy safe?
Who can’t do sugaring?
- Please have a doctor clear you for sugaring if you are taking medications that thin the skin (such as Retin-A), blood thinners, or medications that cause you to be sun-sensitive (Example: Acutane, Differin, Renova).
- We cannot sugar over moles, cold sores or broken skin (ouch!)
- Did you just get a light peel on your face and now you want to be sugared? We ask that you wait 7 days before getting sugaring on any area of your body that has experienced a chemical peel or microdermabrasion.
Any instructions for after sugaring?
- For 24 hours after your service stay clean, cool and free from friction.
- 24 hours after your service refrain from strenuous activity that might get sweat/bacteria on the freshly sugared area. This includes working out and or sexual activity. Doing these things will increase the likelihood of ingrown hairs (and those suck!)
- Please don’t suntan for about 48 hours after you’ve been sugared. You are freshly exfoliated and we want to avoid sun damage and burning.
- 48 hours after being sugared begin daily exfoliation on the sugared area.
What is your cancellation policy?
The time you schedule is reserved for your exclusive use. When appointments are missed or cancelled without sufficient notice, we’re often unable to fill them. The financial impact of these late cancellations can be substantial. As a courtesy, The Portland Girl sends appointment confirmations forty-eight hours in advance, however, it is ultimately your responsibility to notate and remember your reservation with us.
Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment with us, we request twenty-four (24) hours’ notice. If you don’t provide notice (or miss your appointment altogether), you may be charged a fee in accordance with the following:
- Cancellations with less than twenty-four hours’ notice will result in a charge equal to 50% of the scheduled services.
- Failure to show up to the appointment will result in a charge equal to 100% of the scheduled services.
- Guests who repeatedly cancel without adequate notice and/or fail to appear to their scheduled appointments will be asked to pay for future appointments in full at the time of booking.
Thank you so much for your understanding!
What if I'm running late to an appointment?
We want you to fully enjoy your time with us, so please arrive promptly for your service. Treatments at The Portland Girl are designed to deliver the most benefit within the time allotted. As a courtesy to our other guests, we’re unable to extend service times or issue refunds for late arrivals. While we make every effort to accommodate late arrivals, if you are more than 15 minutes late, your service may have to be rescheduled.
What is your product return policy?
Client safety and product integrity is important to us, therefore product refunds or exchanges are only accepted on a limited basis. Only sealed, unopened, unused products will be accepted when accompanied by a receipt dated within 10 days of purchase.
Any other policies I need to know about?
- Your health and safety are of paramount importance to us at The Portland Girl. We trust the information you provide to us on your client intake form. Successful service execution requires your full disclosure during all pre-service consultations. The Portland Girl will not be responsible for any adverse reactions to services rendered in circumstances where a guest has failed to inform us of contraindicating conditions.
- Trust our professional judgement! The Portland Girl reserves the right to refuse services at our discretion when necessary.
- To maintain a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere for all guests, we politely request that cell phones be silenced or powered off in the salon’s treatment areas.