There is currently (1) opening at The Portland Girl for a full-time Associate Esthetician .
The Portland Girl is seeking a kick-ass esthetician to to join our team of highly trained sugarers and skincare therapists.
The Portland Girl is the brainchild of Master Indie Esthetician, Anna Long-Stokes, who wanted to break beyond traditional “beauty business standards” by creating a skin care and sugaring studio that was as unique as Portland itself.
A studio that beautified Portland one lady bombshell at a time, while also giving back to our community and setting a high standard for how the “Skin Biz” should be done.
We blend ancient beauty rituals with cutting edge skin care treatments that target NW skin (yep, we have our own regional challenges). Unlike most skincare studios that carry products that are chock-full of ingredients linked to cancer and skin irritation, we believe in only using/carrying/selling products that pass our artisanal standards.
No parabens, No sulfates, No phthalates, No weird dyes or fake perfumes and no testing on our furry animals. We feel that the products you use should be super effective, but that they shouldn’t give you weird rashes, headaches and God forbid – cancer.
Our mission: Give back to yourself and give back to your community. Because if you aren’t taking care of yourself, how can you take care of others?
- Provide hair removal to men and women using the ancient art of “sugaring”
- Provide extremely effective, yet relaxing skincare treatments (all estheticians at our studio perform a variety of facial treatments including but not limited to R&R facials, microderm, LED and chemical peels)
- Match clients will appropriate mineral foundation and blush (we will train you in skin types and color theory).
- Perform brow and lash tinting services.
- Learn and become confident in each brand and product that we stock and sell so that you can educate all clients and customers on the benefits associated with each.
- Clean up treatment rooms in between clients (switch out bedding, refill steamer, clean bowls, sanitize items, wash laundry and generally keep our studio clean)
- Handle cash and credit transaction and inventory tracking and monitoring to ensure we have what we need in stock and that we order what we are low on in a timely manner.
- Answer calls when our guest services coordinator is unavailable.
- Re-stock inventory, when purchases are made.
- Ability to move back and forth between skin care and sugaring and be fantastic at both.
- More duties as assigned and as you grow into your role.
- Oregon state licensure as Esthetician.
- Proof of personal practice liability insurance (this is your personal responsibility and plans start at around $150 a year).
- Willingness to sign a 2 year work agreement with our studio.
- Ability to work for our company only. We don’t allow staff to work in competing industry jobs while employed with our team.
- Ability to do basic math (adding, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Devotion to detail- we strive for perfection and you have an eye to help us get there.
- Ability to work a 10 hour shift (on your feet between 32-40 hours per week).
- Flexible schedule to fill in when staff are ill, things come up, or team meetings need to happen.
- Genuine interest in natural products, organic skincare and social responsibility.
- You love pleasing customers and you see each interaction with every customer as a chance to make their day brighter.
- Desire to grow with our company and be part of a team.
- Natural sales mindset. If you believe in it, you want to shout it from the rooftops (without seeming sleazy).
- Have the “gift of gab”. No matter how much less painful sugaring is than waxing, it still helps if you can engage and distract clients during the process.
- Certified and experienced in sugaring (we will train, but this is preferred.)
- Experience using Mindbody.
- Experience managing self and others.
- Experience working directly with education and sales in the beauty atmosphere.
- Reiki certified.
- Experience performing chemical peels.
- Experience performing Microdermabrasion and LED.
- Experience performing lash and brow tinting.
Why you want to be a part of our team:
Our company culture is hip, fun and tight-knit. We work hard, but we play hard too. Staff outings, fair pay, and great perks + benefits are a given for all employees. We are a team and we all work together to grow the company. Management is invested in staff training, team feedback and hiring leaders from within. We also have amazing clients that make going to work seem a lot more like going to hang out with friends than “going to the office”.
With that being said, we are a NEW company and we are ever-evolving. If you are resistant to change and looking for a book of rules to follow to the end of time, we aren’t the place for you. Our company growth has been epic and fast and what worked a few months ago, might not be working now, so we are ever-evolving! If this excited you, then apply! If this sounds exhausting, find a more established brand to work for (no hard feelings)
- Hourly + Tips. We have a 5-tier pay structure and a team based pay company and growth opportunities are built into the foundation of our business model.
- Company bonuses when team-based goals are met
- Paid Time Off
- Closed all major holidays for respite
- Health, Vision + Dental coverage (company pays 50% of premium after 90 days of employment for all staff working 32 hours a week)
- One free 60 minute facial each month, 50% off all other services and friends and family discounts.
Ready to apply?
Please follow each step below to be considered. If each one isn’t followed, you will not be considered for an interview.
- Submit your resume to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line titled ‘Esthetician Job Application’
- In the body of your email, answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for The Portland Girl?
- Review our “preferred skills and strengths” list. Tell us which ones apply to you.
- What is your superpower?
- What is your experience (if any) of sugaring?
- What is your favorite part of living in Portland?
- What do you do in your free time?
We are looking to fill this new role by June 15th. If we think you are a good fit for the position, we will be in touch within 2 weeks of receiving your initial resume and questions. Please do not call or drop by the studio. If you have questions, outreach directly to “email@example.com”.
Happy Job Hunting!
xo, Team Portland Girl